التجمع العالمي لمحبي الموسيقار كاظم الساهر
مرحبا فيك الى التجمع العالمي لمحبي الموسيقار كاظم الساهر

للدخول الى كل أقسام المنتدى,اذا انت عضو مسجل , اضغط على "دخول".

و اذا انت غير مسجل, اضغط على "التسجيل".

ملاحظة هامة:: لاتنسى ان بعد التسجيل, لازم تدخل الى ايميلك و تقوم بتنشيط حسابك من خلال الدخول الى الرسالة اللي نرسلها لك, حتى تستطيع تدخل المنتدى.
مرحبا فيك الى التجمع العالمي لمحبي الموسيقار كاظم الساهر

للدخول الى كل أقسام المنتدى,اذا انت عضو مسجل , اضغط على "دخول".

و اذا انت غير مسجل, اضغط على "التسجيل".

ملاحظة هامة:: لاتنسى ان بعد التسجيل, لازم تدخل الى ايميلك و تقوم بتنشيط حسابك من خلال الدخول الى الرسالة اللي نرسلها لك, حتى تستطيع تدخل المنتدى.

الرئيسيةصفحة الفيس بوكتويترأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English

اذهب الى الأسفل 
5 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
محمد زهرة
مؤسس مدينة الحب
مؤسس مدينة الحب
محمد زهرة

البلد : Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Male_e10
الجنس : ذكر
عدد الرسائل : 800
العمر : 41
العمل/الترفيه : الترجمة/ كتابة الشعر والقراءة وسماع الموسيقى وبعض الأغاني وكرة القدم
الأغنية المفضلة : حبيبتي والمطر
الألبوم المفضل : حبيبتي والمطر
الفيديو كليب المفضل : أنا وليلى
تاريخ التسجيل : 08/10/2008
~~ SMS ~~ : النص

Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime14/4/2009, 13:23

Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Post270221175178245jr8

Kazem As-Saher

Kazem, the Caesar of Arab Singing:

"I like to be different in my work. I like to look for the strange and hard things."
Perhaps this is the key quote for identifying Kazem As-Saher or the Caesar of Arab Singing as called by Great Nizar Qabbani, the most famous romantic poet in modern Arab history. Kazem is the top-selling singer in the Arab world today, both in terms of recordings and concert ticket sales. His music is rich in the melodies, rhythms, and complex sonic textures of Arabic classical music, but at the same time, his compositions are strikingly contemporary, and his superb, sensitive and amazingly powerful voice coated with elegant classical looks have helped to make him an artistic icon throughout the Arab World and beyond. "I feel happy when turning between the different kinds of music to satisfy my fans and myself."
Kazem's success playing classical, romantic songs in an era of electronic pop music is that much more remarkable in light of the fact that he comes from Iraq. Kazem has built his phenomenal career in the face of two wars, an international embargo, and a condition of unprecedented isolation in his homeland. "I am a man of love," says Kazem, "a man of romance. I have memories of politics, but almost all of my songs are about love, in the manner of Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet."
Early Life & Artistic Inclination:
Kazem Jabbar Ibrahim As-Samerra'i, always known by his artistic name "Kazem As-Saher" (In Arabic: كاظم الساهر) was born on September 12, 1957 in a village called Nainawa in Al-Mousil "an ancient city in the north of Iraq. He was born as the 7th child to a modest family, which has 8 boys and 2 girls. His father worked in the local palace, and although his government wage did not make him a rich man, he sired the 10 children.
At his childhood his creativity began by making his own toys out of clay and wire, and very soon he began his first tries in writing poetry.
* Kazem took a keen interest in classical music as a boy. He sat by the radio and learned to sing works by masters like Muhammad Abdul- Wahhab. At age ten, he sold his bicycle to buy his first instrument, a guitar, but after a year of study on guitar, he switched to the oud, the principal composers' instrument in the Arab world and from that moment his finger have never ceased from pedaling on melodies strings. Kazem wrote his first song at twelve, a romantic piece in the classical style, composed for a girl he liked. His wonderful voice was noticed at the first time while his reciting the Holy Qur'an and later by repeating songs to a great musicians at that time.
In 1980, at the age of 19 Kazem started teaching music at the women's unity association as well as a fraternity club & in the same year he married his cousin.

Study, Talent Unleashed & Career Breakthrough:

At 21, he was admitted into the prestigious Baghdad Music Academy where he studied for 6 years. At this time people began to know him as Kazem As-Saher instead of Kazem As- Samerra'i, his real name and he was known as the "the king of oud" among his colleagues in the academy due to his exceptional talent in playing oud and composing songs on it.
By the time Kazem entered the Music Academy at 21, the Iran-Iraq war had forced his father to leave the palace and take up work in a furniture factory. The future looked uncertain. "Of course, my family worried," he recalls. "They would have preferred that I become a doctor or a lawyer. I was very good in school, so they thought I could take on a profession. But my mother was in my corner for music. She always encouraged me."
As he studied Arab classical music and Iraqi folklore, Kazem continued to compose music, but the producers who controlled the all-important outlets of radio and television in Iraq refused to help him. "I would go to music promoters and they would say, 'We'll work with you only if you sing our songs. They would let me compose for other people, but to actually compose and sing? No---which they would not allow."
Other young artists had wealthy backers, but Kazem could scarcely afford the bus fare to go and visit these promoters, let alone to bribe them. Kazem got his first break at 26 when a keyboard-playing friend from the academy introduced him to a television director. Without getting permission, they went on location and shot a video for one of Kazem's songs. When they slipped it into the broadcast, the song made a sensation all over Iraq and around the Gulf.
"The song was called 'Ladghat El Hayya,' (The Snake Bite)" Kazem recalls. "I wrote it the year that the war finished with Iran, 1987. It was about someone who has been threatened and prevented from proceeding, someone who is afraid." The television producers were naturally impressed with Kazem's reception by the public, but not with the words of his song. They gave the young artist a choice: change the lyrics and rerecord the song, or else they would ban it. Kazem refused to change his song. Predictably, banning the song only made it more popular. Requests for collaborations and concert appearances began to come from around the Gulf, and in the brief interlude between Iraq's two recent wars, Kazem launched his career in earnest. The producers of a nighttime television soap opera gave him his next break when they used his music in the program's title song. The show's popularity blossomed, and Kazem began recording for record labels in Kuwait and in Iran. In 1988, Kazem's final year at the Music Academy, he composed a hugely successful pop song called "Abart Al Shat" ("I Crossed the Sea"). Some of the more conservative professors objected and tried to get Kazem expelled from the school for composing lowly "shaabi" (pop) music. But now Kazem had defenders, professors who recognized his extraordinary gifts as a composer, and he completed his degree. In December of 1989, Kazem performed in major concerts in Kuwait and also the United States, filled with Arab audiences.
In the television studio, Kazem met Aziz El Rassam, the first of many prominent lyricists he would compose with over the years. Rassam wrote lyrics for eighteen of Kazem's early songs, including "Obart Al Shat." The two proved as effective a team as Lennon and McCartney. In 1990, Kazem teamed up with the Cairo Symphony to record "La Ya Sadiki" ("No, My Friend"), a fifty-minute opus that established him as a major contemporary composer, although its length and complexity confounding radio programmers. "I did this for myself," says Kazem. "I would rather write a symphony or a concerto than a five-minute pop song. I wanted to prove that I could do it as well as the masters." And he succeeded. Critics have even credited him with reviving certain maqam (Arabic scales) that had fallen into disuse by modern composers.
As the Iraq-Iran war drew to and end in 1989, Al-Saher's fame slowly extended across the borders to neighboring countries. By 1990, incredible fame seemed inevitable; his popularity continued to grow throughout the Arab world. But two years after his graduation from the institute, the Gulf War erupted and proved to be a major obstacle for Kazem's burgeoning career as it made it so difficult for him as an Iraqi musician to move freely between countries.
"For two years, I couldn't do anything," he recalls. "I couldn't even travel to the Middle East, only to Jordan, where I lived during that time."
Iraq's invasion of Kuwait put an end to this success. As-Saher could no longer be seen or heard on television or the radio anywhere in the Arab world. "I really can't describe what happened to me back then. The war made many countries forget that Iraqi citizens are also Arabs," he says, the pain evident in his voice. Some even advised him to abandon his dreams, because it was "all over" for him.
As in the Iran-Iraq war, Kazem had lost friends to the fighting, and this period still holds dark memories for him. Later, he would sing about the pain of war and especially its effects on children in the songs Ah Ya Arab (Oh, Arabs) and "Tathakkar" ("Memory"), sometimes known as "Jaffat Dama'irkum (Your Conscience Has Withered) with lyrics by creative poet Kareem Al Iraqi-- direct political statements condemning the passivity of Arab governments toward the dangerously high death toll amongst Iraqi children -- the mere fact that As-Saher was a famous Iraqi singer at this particular time meant that he was a de facto ambassador to his country.
Kazem moved to Lebanon in pursuit of his musical ambition. The Lebanese audience warmly embraced his art and granted him the opportunity to assert himself as an Iraqi artist. After this support, Kazem was able to bring Iraqi music to the spotlight again after it had been sanctioned out of mention.

To be continued...

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/DEFENDKAZEM/
محمد زهرة
مؤسس مدينة الحب
مؤسس مدينة الحب
محمد زهرة

العمل/الترفيه : الترجمة/ كتابة الشعر والقراءة وسماع الموسيقى وبعض الأغاني وكرة القدم

مُساهمةموضوع: Part II   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime14/4/2009, 13:44

Distinctive Popularity Established:

All that changed, though. His songs broke down the barriers and his Gulf audience in particular embraced him. It was in 1994 that Kazem relocated to Cairo and in 1995 he faced the Egyptian audience for the first time at the Cairo International Conference Center in 1995 with “Salamtak Men El Aah" (Get Well Soon, which he addressed to Iraq) and was a hit in almost every Arab country. The song was written, composed and performed by Kazem and thus manifested his talents were multiple and exceeded singing. The album also contained his first sung poems for great Nizar Qabbani "Ikhtari" ( I give you the choice) that was a classic masterpiece of composition & signing that was a turning point in Kazem's career, and rather recent Arab singing that was far from such style. Since then more and more requests started rain on him, and every time he performed he repeat more success and reverence.
The star was now well known and continued to sell thousands of copies of his albums. Next to come was “Ba'ad Alhob” in 1995 which was no different than the previous albums.
It's worthy mentioning here that Kazem's collaboration with creative poet Kareem Al-Iraqi, that started since they first teamed in "Shi Jaha En-Nas" (What's Wrong With People?), the intro and outro song of an Iraqi serial called "Nadia", is a very important aspect of Kazem's career as they made very successful and popular songs both in colloquial and standard Arabic and till the moment they still make such successful teaming.
By 1995, when he settled in Cairo, As-Saher's songs were focused more on standard poems and his records were consistently topping the list of best-selling albums.
In October of 1996 and by a coincidence, great poet Nizar Qabbani saw Kazem on TV as he sang Mawwal Al Ghurba, not only was the fragrance of cardamom in Kazem`s voice and Kareem`s poetry savored, but the scent of Iraq was also invoked into reminiscence. Nizar Qabbani being very touched by this piece of work penned a letter to Kareem Al- Iraqi expressing his commendations.
With great Nizar Kazem intensely carried on perhaps the most important artistic collaboration of his career to date. Prior to his death in 1998, Qabbani wrote lyrics for some 30 of Kazem's songs. Having once created poems that were sung by greatest Arab singers, Qabbani contented himself during his final years writing lyrics exclusively for the young Iraqi singer he considered "the son of his heart."
Armed with his solid academic background and his passion for music, As-Saher carefully selected the most touching of Nizar Qabbani's odes, set them to music and charmed the Egyptians.
"I know Egyptians love standard poems most," he smiles. How could they not? For decades, the music scene was occupied by shallow pop songs belted out by singers renowned less for their vocal talents than for their irrepressible energy. Although the consensus was that this was not music, the Egyptians couldn't exactly shut their ears. In 1996, As-Saher released his ever popular album “Fi Madraset Al-Hob” (In the School of Love) that it was another much expected success story and tens of thousands of fans knew the words by heart:
Your love, my lady, taught me the worst habits
It taught me to read my coffee cup a thousand times each night,
Try herbal medicine and knock at the doors of fortunetellers
It taught me to go out and count the pavements,
To follow your face in the rain
And search for it by the light of the cars at night

However, for many years, he was marked as the man who sings Zidini 'Ishqan (Give me More Passion). Again, Qabbani's words stuck.

I am the oldest city of sadness and my wound is a cryptic hieroglyph
My pain is a flock of doves that extends from Baghdad to China
Kazem then was far beyond proving his talents to anyone but was actually quenching the thirst of the audience who had been deprived of such meaningful poems and songs for so long
This album was followed by a series of successful albums that contained standard poems, mostly by Qabbani, as well as other songs that ranged from Iraqi folklore to modern, cheerful dance tunes.
As he progressed, however, As-Saher made a point of proving that, although he composes the music to all his songs, he is capable of producing fresh and innovative harmonies each time. He also insists that his complete orchestra use a wide array of instruments in each song. The length of standard poems gave him space to compose complex music notes and allows for variation in the same song. Ana wa Layla (Layla and I) is a case in point; the melody seems to change almost entirely as the poem develops. The introduction to this song, as is the case with all his poems, is the most impressive, opera-like part.
Despite its complexity, Ana wa Layla was a hit as soon as it was released in 1998. To As-Saher's surprise, the Egyptian audience begged for "Layla" at the '98 Marina concert. He apologized: "I'm really sorry, I can't sing Ana wa Layla, it needs a lot of practice and we haven't done that," he told the thousands of fans massed in front of him. And that is typical: he will never perform a song unless he is sure he masters it perfectly. Since that time, there is no single concert in which he can avoid singing this poem to the restless fans who never accept any excuse regarding this song that was voted in at number six in a poll of the world's most popular songs held by the BBC World Service
The album that followed, Habibti wal-Matar (My Love and the Rain) contained five poems by Qabbani. The album was a peerless masterpiece of classic singing combining classic Arabic and western music and is considered by some critics and fans, other than Kazem's passionate fans of course, as the best album in modern Arabic singing. The poems in this album represented a very rare brew of extremely touching romantic lyrics coated by masterly composed and arranged elegant orchestral music. The posters that came along with this album also featured As-Saher's new, sleek look. His Travolta-like hair was now much shorter, modern, and clipped into a tiny fringe over his forehead. He donned stylish black outfits and was quoted everywhere saying "black is my favorite color." His new look was shown to advantage in professional shots, truly becoming of the star/idol figure. The shy Iraqi boy inside As-Saher isn't scared of the camera anymore. He knows how to pose, looking directly at the lens, firing that I-know-I'm-good-looking look that so few women can actually resist. And onstage, he carries himself more gracefully.
After that album, Kazem released a very successful album too "Al Hobb Al Mostaheel or "An Impossible Love" in 2000, the first of his albums to be given an official American release by Mondo Melodia after the album dominated charts around the Arab world.
Year after another Kazem keeps astonishing his big fans with elevated classic singing well-mixed with modern compositions, rhythms and arrangements, depicting so elegant and touching aptly-composed romantic lyrics whether in standard Arabic or refined colloquial.

Discography:

1984 Shajaret Ez-Zaytoun
1989 Ghazal (Music Box)
1990 El- 'Azeez (An-Nazaer)
1991 La Ya Sadiki [Sometimes listed as "L'Embleme De La Jeunnesse"] (Music Master, Virgin/EMI)
1992 Hatha El-loan (Stallions)
1993 Banat Ala'eebak (Stallions)
1994 Salamtak Min El-Ah (Rotana)
1995 Ba'd El-Hobb (Relax-In)
1996 Sa'ba 'Alayya Awada'ak (Funoon Al-Jazeera)
1996 Ighseli Bel-barad (Rotana)
1996 Fi Medrasat Al-Hobb (Rotana)
1998 Ana Wa Laila (Rotana)
1999 Habibati Wa Al-Matar (Rotana)
2000 Al-Hobb Al-Mustaheel/ An Impossible Love (Rotana/EMI/Mondo Melodia/Ark21)
2001Abhathu 'Anki ( Rotana/EMI)
2002 Qessat Habibayn ( Rotana/EMI)
2003 Hafiyat Al Qadamayn (Rotana/Stallions)
2004 Ila Tilmitha (Rotana/Stallions)
2005 Entaha El-Meshwar (Rotana/Stallions) - Released 11 November
2007 Yawmiyyat Rajul Mahzoom (Rotana) - Released in March
2007 Nai (Single CD-DVD release by Rotana) - Released in August
2008 Sowar

To be continued...
محمد زهرة
مؤسس مدينة الحب
مؤسس مدينة الحب
محمد زهرة

مُساهمةموضوع: Part III   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime14/4/2009, 14:06

Patriotic Kazem & Charity:

"I have no political opinions whatsoever. Please don't ask me about politics," Kazem explains, "I don't like to talk about these things. Ask me about my humanity, my duties toward my people and the children of my country."
Kazem has always been the benevolent son of Iraq. The country that undergoes the hardest circumstances in the Arab world since over 15 years is such carved in As-Saher's heart that the pain it suffers is evidently seen on his face.
Since his early career, As-Saher has been singing for his dear country so truthfully, eloquently and intensely:
-He sang in love and infatuation with his country resembled in "Kathura Al-Hadeeth".
-Under the embargo he both addressed the Arab & International conscience calling for an end to the suffering of Iraqi People and especially children who died in thousands due to the lack in food and medicine. This was in his two songs "Aah Ya Arab" (Oh Arabs) and "Tathakkar" (Memory). Kazem received the UNICEF award in England for this song and in 1999, he performed the song in the United States before members of congress and UN diplomats. "Tathakkar" was then recorded in five languages and released along with "Al Amal" (Hope), Kazem's anthem to optimism in the face of turmoil.
-Under the embargo, Kazem also sang "Mawwal Ila Al-'Azeez Tahiyya" (A Greeting to the Dear One) addressing his country and expressing his readiness to sacrifice for it and sends greeting to the patient Iraqi people.
-When American Invasion of Iraq started, he hastily composed an anti-war anthem "Baghdad La Tata'alami" (Baghdad, Don't Be Hurt!" written by notable Egyptian poet Farouq Guweida and presented it in collaboration with some prominent Arab singers from Egypt, Syria, Tunisia, Jordan & Algeria.
-After war came to an end, Kazem featured a duet with Grammy Winner, British soprano Sarah Brightman in "The War Is Over" singing English lyrics with her in addition to the Arabic part written by his career mate creative poet Kareem Al-Iraqi and composed by Kazem as usual.
-Later on, this time with delicate Iraqi poet As'ad Al-Ghariri, Kazem composed and sang a proposed national anthem for Iraq called "Salamun 'Alayka" (Peace Be Upon You) combining the traditional anthem atmosphere with very touching lyrics about Iraq's history and glory.
-Next when US crimes against Iraqi civilians escalated, Kazem presented one of his eternal patriotic songs ever, "Ar-Ru'ah Wa An-Nar" (literally: Herdsmen & Fire) written by Prince Muhammad Bin Rashed Aal Maktoum, Governor of Dubai and composed by Kazem. The song was such a clear criticism of the US occupation and crimes as well as Arab silence and it flagrantly called for resistance to the occupation forces and the freedom of Iraq, and thus not only flared up the Americans but even was regarded by some Iraqi sects and individuals, even from Kazem fans, to be a call for terrorism and they called for boycotting the song if not boycotting Kazem as a whole. In fact the message was clear, which is to free Iraq from occupiers but seems some pre-made concepts and circumstances helped distort such a message in the mind of some Iraqis.
-Following this controversial song, Kazem performed for the first time a song called "Ta'alay Uqabbil Wajahaki" (Let Me Kiss Your Face) on stage in Doha in the framework of Al-Jazeera Channel Anniversary festival. This song is like a soothing anthem from Kazem to his country suffering devastation and turmoil, but it also contains direct criticism of US aggression and inhumanity in Iraq that again infuriated US diplomats especially the US ambassador in Cairo who attended Kazem latest concert there and was reported to have resented and probably left after Kazem presented this song.
-The latest and perhaps the greatest patriotic work for Kazem was released in his latest album "Yawmiyyat Rajul Mahzoom" in 2007. The song is a true epic masterpiece representing the recent tragedy of Iraq in so eloquent and touching lyrics by creative Kareem Al-Iraqi who excelled himself in this poem. Kazem's composition coated words in an unbelievable way that it astonishes everyone who listens to it and the arrangement was just what is needed to accomplish the epic, which really happened.
Away from singing, Kazem is always giving concrete support to his people and Middle East people especially children:
-Kazem gave 3 charity concerts for Middle East children in Royal Albert Hall in 1997, 2004& 2006.
-Kazem founded a charity fund in Baghdad to help and support the Iraqi people and do various charity work.
-Kazem made a competition for song writing in association with Melkonian Foundation for Orphans. The competition aimed at raising funds from applicants for Middle East children.
On the Arab level, Kazem always proves to be a real patriotic Arab artist, not only he sings for every Arab country he performs in or includes the suffering of Arab children in his charity schedule but he usually has direct instances of supporting Arab people:
-Kazem gave a charity concert in Dubai in 1999 attended by European royalty: Britain's Prince Michael of Kent, Prince Albert of Monaco and Prince Charles Antoine de Ligne of Belgium. The concert aimed at raising millions of dollars for a "Flying Hospital."
-Kazem performed for Egyptian charity organization At-Tahrir Rotary Club in Cairo International Conference Center in 2001.
-When war erupted in Lebanon in 2006, Kazem decided to cancel all his worldwide concerts that summer in solidarity with the Lebanon, made a song against the Israeli aggression called "Mawwal Beirut" and donated to distressed Lebanese citizens and the donation was submitted by the Organization of the Charity Fund he established to the Lebanese embassy in Baghdad.
-Kazem also gave a special charity concert for the Lebanese people in the same year at Cairo Opera House and the concert was said to achieve the highest revenues ever in the history of Cairo Opera house.
-Kazem made a song for the Arab countries under embargo and wars; Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon & Libya "Al- Insan" (The Human). The song was written by great Nizar Qabbani and composed by Kazem and was a duet with famous Tunisian singer Latifa. Kazem performed the song with her in the charity concert at the Royal Albert Hall in 1997 in the presence of Princess Anne.
-Kazem made a patriotic song containing a part about Egypt's October Victory called "Masikan Oudi" (Holding My Oud).
-Kazem made a song for supporting the Palestinian Uprising "Intifada" called "Ya Quds" (Oh Jerusalem) and it was broadcasted on Arab TV's with scenes from the Israeli brutal aggression and Palestinian resistance.

Religious Songs:
-Kazem presented two sufi religious songs at Fas Spiritual Song Festival in Morocco 2005. The songs "Munyat Al-Mutamanni" (The Dearest Wish) & "Ra'ytu Rabbi" (Perceived My God) are written by old sufi poet Al-Hallaj and composed by Kazem.
Still Kazem's audience is so eager to see more religious songs with clear meanings directing simple audience as this kind of songs or rather supplications is so popular for Muslims listeners in the Arab World especially when truthfully sung, which is Kazem's ever-exhibited merit.

...To be continued

عدل سابقا من قبل محمد زهرة في 14/4/2009, 14:12 عدل 1 مرات
محمد زهرة
مؤسس مدينة الحب
مؤسس مدينة الحب
محمد زهرة

مُساهمةموضوع: Part IV   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime14/4/2009, 14:11

Character & Life Close-up:

-In Addition to Iraqi nationality, Kazem holds both the Canadian and Qatari nationalities, the first obtained when he lived for a period in Canada and the second is given as an honor from the Prince of Qatar in 2007.
-Kazem is divorced since 1996with 2 sons, Wisam born in 1981 and Omar in 1987. Kazem always talks nice about his ex-wife describing her as a respectable lady who brought his sons very well and keeps them in her company.
-Kazem's father died in 1999 and his mother lives in Dubai now where Kazem takes care of her and spends most occasions with her and he always says she is the dearest to him and that she supported him along the way.
-Kazem is a typical Arab man: shy, jealous and loyal. Though Kazem is an extraordinarily charismatic and attractive person, rather than artist, still he is a shy man who avoids long looks at women's eyes. He also always states that though he is a famous figure, he never thinks of marring a celebrity as he is too jealous to that. As for loyalty, Kazem always sings for one woman and he strictly holds that notion and he states that there can not be more than one woman in man's life.
-Kazem is a big obsession for Arab girls and women. He represents to them the perfect image of what a lover should be; caring, respectful, loyal and above all so romantic. This is mainly reflected in his classic romantic songs and his interviews in which he shows high regard for women and love unlike most men. In addition, his being manly handsome and elegant helps establish him as an idol for Arab women.
-Kazem says that Kazem the artist is a possession of his fans but Kazem the human is not. He always keeps his privacy and personal affairs off-cam and though he lately stated he has a beloved in his life, he never gives extra information about her or their relationship.
-Kazem spends most of his TV time lately watching news channels and political programs out of his earnest interest in the Iraqi situation.
-Kazem gives so little attention to publicity or promotion saying he is an artist and he cares first and foremost to present valuable music that will be self-promoting. He also never cares about selling charts or temporarily popular hits as he cares for durable success and sustained value saying that his old albums still sell well to the moment, which is true.
-Kazem keeps adequate balance between self-confidence and modesty. He never says words like I am the best but always talks fairly confident saying he has his distinctive way in art that he thinks will keep him in the Arab memory for long.
-Kazem's hobbies are horse riding, football, drawing and sculpture in which he is so gifted and likes from time to time to make clay statues that look so professional.
- Kazem likes tranquility and spends most of his time alone with lyrics and instruments searching for musical inspiration that comes best to him in such atmosphere. This causes him much trouble with media men who think he is just ignoring them and some of them wage unfair wars on him for that conviction.
- Kazem is a sportsman who has a gym at home and cares to make regular work-out to keep his fitness and shape.

Compositions for Other Singers:

Kazem composed songs for some Arab singers, most of them are famous. The list includes:
- From Tunisia: Latifa had many works with Kazem. Her album in 1996 "Ma Wahashtaksh" (Don't You Miss Me?) was all composed by Kazem and lyrics by prominent Egyptian lyricist Abdul-Wahhab Muhammad and it was followed by "Taloomuni Ad-Dunia" (The World Blame Me) in 1998 that contained 3 poems by Nizar including patriotic duet "Al-Insan" (The Human) and one colloquial by Egyptian song "Beyenso" (He Forgot My Love). There were strong rumors that Kazem and Latifa were in love as their teaming was so frequent and their relationship was intimate but as they state till the moment, it was only successful artistic collaboration.
- From Iraq: Hatem Al-Iraqi, Mahmoud Anwar, Sanaa Belqees.
- From Lebanon: Waleed Tawfeeq and Majida Ar-Roumi (in the masterpiece written by Nizar "Tawq Al-Yasameen" (Jasmine Ring).
- From Egypt: Ghada Ragab in two songs; one in Iraqi colloquial "Eb'ed 'Anni" (Keep Away from me) and one in standard by Nizar "Limatha?" (Why?" that was a very successful song and won a prize in Arab Song festival in Cairo.
- From Syrian: George Wassouf released Kazem's song "Sallamtak Beed Allah" (I bid You Farewell).
- Various prominent Arab artists participated in the patriotic song "Baghdad La Tata'alami" (Baghdad, Don't Be Hurt!" From Egypt: Late Muhammad Rushdi, Medhat Saleh, Ihab Tawfeeq, Ghada Ragab, from Syria: Assala Nasri, from Tunisia: Late Thekra, from Jordan: Omar Abdullat and from Lybia: Cheb Jilani.

Legendary Live Performance:

Since his early career, Kazem has been known for his exceptional live performance and popular concerts around the Arab World. It is not at all an exaggeration to say that he is among the best Arab live performers ever and his concerts are among the best concerts ever as well. Kazem is a regular star in all Arab song festivals like:
- Babylon Festival, Iraq.
- Jarash Festival, Jordan
- Egyptian TV Nights, City Lights Festivals, Egypt.
- Arab Music Festival, Cairo Opera House.
- Carthage, Benzert, Safaqes, Festival, Tunisia.
- Bayt Ad-Deen, Soor, Rivon Festivals, Lebanon.
- Dubai, Al-Ain Festival, UAE.
- Doha Festival, Qatar.
- Al Qal'a Wal Wadi, Al-Hisn Castle, Al-Ard As-Sa'eeda Festivals, Syria.
- Rabat, Fas Festivals, Morocco.
- Muscat, Salala Festivals, Oman.
- Al-Kazif, Timqad, Jamila Festivals, Wahran International Arab Film Festival Algeria.
-
International Projects:

- Kazem earned the attention of an American record label, Mondo Melodia, owned and operated by Miles Copeland, who also managed Sting. Following the success of Sting's collaboration with Algerian rai singer Cheb Mami, the song "Desert Rose," Copeland recruited a new vice president for his label, an expert on world Arabic music, Dawn Elder. Keen to establish the label's credentials as a leader in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern music, Elder promptly signed Kazem As-Saher for an American label release of "The Impossible Love" in the US in 2000. "The Impossible Love” was the number-one and number-two best selling album at Amazon (Oxford).
- - Kazem featured a duet with Grammy Winner, English soprano Sarah Brightman in "The War Is Over" singing English lyrics with her in addition to the Arabic part written by his career mate creative poet Kareem Al-Iraqi and composed by Kazem as usual. The song was released in his album "Hafiyat Al-Qadamayn" (The Bare-footed) in 2004 as well as shot as a video clip.
- Kazem presented a duet with Lenny Kravitz in "Unity: The Official Athens 2004 Olympic Games Album." The duet called "We Want Peace" was track no. 10 in the album and featured Palestinian musician Simone Shaheen on oud and Lebanese artist Jamey Hadded on percussion. The anti-war song was so controversial in the US and was available exclusively at Rock the Vote's website. The song had two versions; one with just vocalise by Kazem whereas the original version with him singing Arabic lyrics in addition.
- Celebrating the opening of the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn, Michigan emerged the CD Love & Compassion: Hob Was Haneen. A unique, limited collector's edition compilation that spotlight contemporary & traditional Arab artists whose music has made an impact in the United States. Kazem As- Saher featured the title track, "Love & Compassion" that's a call for world peace and justice with Grammy winning singer Paula, Cole, renowned Grammy Award winning arranger K.C. Porter, Grammy winning Cuban percussionist Luis Conte and 13 year old Karina Pasian from the Dominican Republic and for the second time, after his duet with Sarah Brightman, he sang both in English and Arabic.
- Kazem featured a duet with famous Algerian rai singer Cheb Mami called "Ajlisu Fil Maqha" (Sitting in the Coffee shop). The song is a standard Arabic poem by Nizar and compositions by Kazem and it was realesed in Mami's album "Layali" in 2007.
- Kazem Wrote, composed & sang the soundtrack for the documentary "My Country, My Country" about the suffering of Iraq's people and the political circumstances and challenges under US occupation. The movie directed, produced by Laura Poitras and Jocelyn Glatzer was nominated for many awards:
- Winner: Inspiration Award, Full Frame Film Festival
- Nominee: The Oscars' Academy Award for Best
- Documentary Nominee: Feature 2007 Spirit Award for Best Documentary 2007
- Official Selection: New Directors New Films Film Festival
- Official Selection: Berlin International Film Festival
- Official Selection: SxSW Film Festival
Kazem received an invitation along with some of the film cast to attend the Oscars concert and widely popular Arabic satellite channel MBC made a special coverage about Kazem at the Oscars containing interviews with him and director Laura Poitras.

International Concerts:

Kazem always has restless successful tours around the world where he performs for his big Arab fans. Kazem performed in so many foreign countries including USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, England, Malaysia…etc. Among his biggest international appearances are:
- Royal Albert Hall Concerts in 1997, 2004 and 2006.
- Sydney Opera house 2002.
- Beacon Theater in New York 2003.
- The Circus Maximus in Rome where Kazem was a part of "Live from Rome's Circus Maximus" (May 16, 2004). Participants in this concert included other artists such as Carlos Santana, Alisha Keys, Nora Jones and Andrea Bocelli. Famous international producer Quincy Jones warmly introduced Kazem As-Saher to Rome's concert attendees whose number exceeded 500,000. The concert was also broadcast live on the Internet via Yahoo! and it was broadcast later globally on MTV and Reuters Television and website. Kazem El Saher presented a part of "My Country, My Country" film soundtrack song entitled "Ya Watani" (Oh My Country) alongside the song "Love & Compassion" and he was joined by 13 year old Karina Pasian from the Dominican Republic in the last part of the song. The international concert was broadcasted by - MTV Italy, XM Satellite Radio and Yahoo! and MTV presented short reports from behind the scenes about the participating artists including Kazem.

To be continued...
محمد زهرة
مؤسس مدينة الحب
مؤسس مدينة الحب
محمد زهرة

مُساهمةموضوع: Part V (Last)   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime14/4/2009, 14:17

Awards & Honors:

- In December 2002, Kazem's masterpiece song "Ana Wa Laila" (layla & I), was named as one of the world's top-ten songs on BBC World's global music competition (British Broadcasting Corporation). The competition was held as a celebration of BBC World's 70th anniversary and it attracted 150,000 votes, by letter, phone, fax and online, from 153 countries and islands - from Poland to Peru and Senegal to Singapore. Kazem El Saher's Ana Wa Laila came in at #6 in this international competition, according to Reuters' December 20th, 2002 issue as reported by British journalist Sinead O'Hanlon. This news was also subsequently mirrored on the ABC News official site, Ananova, The Houston Chronicle, and a multitude of entertainment websites and magazines. On December 21st, 2002, Kazem As-Saher's Ana Wa Laila was aired on Steve Wright's program on BBC World, along with the other top-ten winning world songs.
- In 2004, Kazem received the BBC Radio 3 Middle East / North Africa Trophy and the Audience Award at Edinburgh ’s Usher Hall, England.
- Kazem received the UNICEF award in England for the song "Tathakkar" (Memory) in 1999 and performed the song in the United States before members of congress and UN diplomats.
- Kazem received "Sydney Key" from Province Association Head Kevin Hill in 2002.
- Kazem's patriotic song "Kathura Al-Hadeeth" (There's Much Talk) was taught at Ohio State University from 2 years from 1997 to 1999 as a prototype module in the interdisciplinary project uses contemporary Arabic songs of Mid-Eastern countries as the basis for a multimedia introduction to the cultures of the Middle East.
- Kazem received a letter of thanks and congratulations from Prince Charles of Wales for his charity concert at the Royal Albert Hall concert in 2006.
-Kazem received a special award from ABC television for his album "Fi Madrasat Al-Hobb" (In the School of Love).
- Kazem was chosen as the most famous Arab singer in Asia by the Indonesian Media network.
- Kazem was chosen as the best Middle East singer in the Brazilian Radio poll in 2002.
- Kazem was the object of interest of the world's most renowned press releases in USA, England, France, Italy, Malaysia… etc. In addition he had many interviews on international TV's and radios in USA, Canada, Italy, England, Netherlands, Denmark, Brazil, Chile…etc.
- Kazem was honored by Qatari Prince for his participation in Doha Gulf Games "Khaliji 17" opening ceremony and in 2007 he was granted the Qatari nationality in honor of his artistic contributions.
- Kazem received two awards from the Arab League in 1999 by Mr. Esmat Abdul-Majeed and 2007 by Mr. Amro Mousa.
- On Iraqi Radio "Sawt Dijla" (Dijla Voice), Kazem was chosen by the overwhelming majority of votes to be the president of Iraq.
- Kazem was awarded "The Trophy of Excellence" by King Hussein of Jordan and received it from Queen Noor in 2001.
- Kazem was awarded "The Trophy of Excellence" by the Tunisian Ministry of Culture in 2000.
- Kazem received "The Bracelet of Creation" in Baghdad in 2000.
- Kazem was awarded "The Trophy of Merit" by Tunisian President Zayn Al-'Abedeen Bin Ali who gave an honor speech for him in that occasion in 2004.
- Kazem was awarded "The Key of Fas", the ancient Moroccan city.
- Kazem was honored by Arab Women Association and received it from Egypt's First Lady Mrs. Suzan Mubarak.
- Kazem won the Oscar and title of "the Ambassador of Iraqi Song" in 1996.
- Kazem won "the Oscar of Arab Song" in Cairo 2006.
- Kazem's album "Hafiyat Al-Qadamayn" (Bare-booted) won "the Best Album", "Sabahuki Sukkar" (Have a Sweet Morning) as the best song clip & "The War IS Over" as "the Best Duet" in Arab Song Festival in Cairo 2004.
- Kazem won the award of Best Arab Singer and "the Knight of Arab Sung Poem" in the 7th International Song Festival in Cairo.
- Kazem won "the Murex D'or Award" as the Best Arab Singer in 2001 and 2004 in Lebanon.
- Kazem's song "Ha Habibi" (Oh My Love) won "the Best Arab Song" in Arab Song Festival in Cairo 1995.
- Kazem's composed song for Latifa won "the Best Arab Song" in International Song Festival in Cairo in 1996.
- Kazem's video clip "Akrahuha" (I Hate Her) won "the Best Video Clip" in Video Clip Festival in Alexandria 1999.
- Kazem's video clips "Ana Wa Layla" (Layla & I) and "Mustaqueel" (I Give up) won "the Best Arabic Video Clip" successively in Video Clip Festival in Lebanon in 2000 and 2001.
- Kazem composed song for Ghada Ragab "Limatha" (Why?) won "the Best Composition" in song festivals in Bahrain and Iran.
- Kazem received many awards and honors from Arab newspapers and magazines, TV's and radios and was chosen by the audience as the best Arab singer in many polls.
- Kazem received awards and was honored in many Arab festivals all over the Arab World.
- Kazem received awards and certificates of honor by the following organizations:
- Arab Writers Association.
- Institute of Orient Music in Cairo.
- Syndicate of Lebanese Artists.
- Arab Artists Forum.
- Rotana Channel.
- Qatar TV.
- Dubai TV.
- Egyptian Satellite Channel.
- Tunisia TV.
- Lebanse Broadcasting Corporation (LBC).
- Jordan TV.
- Palestine TV for his song "Ya Quds" (Oh Jerusalem).
- Kuwait TV.
-Kazem was granted the title of "MSZN" by the Association of East Asian Artists for his participation in the 30th anniversary of the association.

Gilgamesh, the Upcoming Project Event:

After more than a decade of composing and performing love songs, As-Saher's ambition is taking him to opera. "I want to do the Epic of Gilgamesh," he states enthusiastically. "It's going to be very difficult; it will take three years at least. I want to do it right, and I want it to be modern and contemporary."
Difficult seems a mild description of such a grand work. This, after all, is one of the greatest and most ancient epics of humanity. The Epic of Gilgamesh, the renowned king of Uruk in Mesopotamia, miraculously preserved on clay tablets deciphered only in the last century, tells of his long and arduous journey to the Spring of Youth, of his encounters with monsters and gods and of his friendship with Enkidu, the wild man from the hills.
As a mixture of pure adventure, morality and tragedy, the story of Gilgamesh and his futile search for immortality transcends the barriers of time, for it revolves around fundamental forces and human problems common throughout the centuries.
Why Gilgamesh? "As children in school, it was the tradition to watch it annually at the theatre," he says, "I loved it."
The arduous task of modernizing the epic, he explains, has been delegated to his career mate Iraqi poet Kareem Al-'Iraqi. The surprise, however, is that As-Saher will not necessarily play the character of Gilgamesh. "There will be a large number of professional singers in this opera or musical, so I don't necessarily have to play the lead."
In his recent interviews, Kazem states that he already finished composing this two-hour epic written by Kareem Al-'Iraqi and he entrusted musical arrangement to his career mate Iraqi arranger Dr. Fathullah Ahmad and a renowned Italian arranger along with a special arranger for chorus. Kazem thinks of introducing it as two-part musical in Hollywood to be directed by two directors, one English and the other Iraqi along with an Iraqi artistic advisor.

Biography Compiled, Enhanced & Edited by:

Muhammad Zahra

For any comment, kindly send it via private messaging
آهات كاظم
رئيس بلدية مدينة الحب
رئيس بلدية مدينة الحب
آهات كاظم

الجنس : انثى
عدد الرسائل : 3920
العمر : 37
العمل/الترفيه : ادارة أعمال وتصميم
الأغنية المفضلة : المستبدة
الألبوم المفضل : الحب المستحيل
الفيديو كليب المفضل : قولي أحبك , البنيه
تاريخ التسجيل : 31/10/2008

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime16/4/2009, 23:34

مرحبا محمد
يعطيك ألف ألف ألف عافيه على هالمجهود الجبار
وعلى تعبك الواضح جدا بهالقسم الجديد الخاص بعشاق كاظم الاجانب
والله يسلم ايديك ويقويك لتقديم كل ما هو جديد ومميز للرقي بهذا التجمع الرائع
تستاهل أحلى تقييم لعيونك
وألف شكر لك
Dr.Maysa
رئيس بلدية مدينة الحب
رئيس بلدية مدينة الحب

البلد : Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Female41
عدد الرسائل : 2093
الأغنية المفضلة : مدرسة الحب
الألبوم المفضل : قصة حبيبين
الفيديو كليب المفضل : أناوليلى
تاريخ التسجيل : 20/02/2009

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime17/4/2009, 14:22

Thanks a lot Dear Mohammed .. it's very very good and of course it will be a very good refrence for guys .. thanks a lot again .
Mah1
مشرف سابق
مشرف سابق
Mah1

البلد : Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Male_s10
عدد الرسائل : 2273
العمر : 36
العمل/الترفيه : Master Student
الأغنية المفضلة : أنا وليلى وأشطبوا أسمائكم
الألبوم المفضل : مدرسة الحب
الفيديو كليب المفضل : أنا وليلى وأشطبوا أسمائكم
تاريخ التسجيل : 06/09/2010
~~ SMS ~~ : وجعي يمتد كسرب حمام من بغداد إلى الصينِ

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime26/12/2010, 23:57

I appreciate your work
Really you have mentioned every thing interesting

Really Kathem is Legend it deserve to write about

Again I appreciate your work
Thank you Zaher
khouloud
عمدة مدينة الحب
عمدة مدينة الحب
khouloud

البلد : Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Female73
عدد الرسائل : 15268
الأغنية المفضلة : MADRASAD EL HOB
MAHAKAMA
الألبوم المفضل : madrasat el hob
RASEM BE
الفيديو كليب المفضل : madrasat el hob MAHAKAMA
تاريخ التسجيل : 05/09/2013
~~ SMS ~~ : القيصر كاظم الساهر

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English   Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English Icon_minitime24/10/2013, 14:00

TNX

Exclusive: Kazem's Full Biography In English
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» exclusive)***kazem&qweder man)
» Gaza... First English-Arabic poem by M. Zahra

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
التجمع العالمي لمحبي الموسيقار كاظم الساهر :: كل ما يخص القيصر كاظم الساهر :: انسى العالم / Global Fans' Arena-
انتقل الى:  
السيرة الذاتية لكاظم الساهر | دعم القيصر في الاستفتاءات | آخر اخبار كاظم الساهر | مناقشة أعمال القيصر | كلمات أغاني كاظم الساهر
ترجمة أغاني القيصر الى لغات أخرى | فيديو حفلات و كليبات كاظم الساهر | أغاني القيصر | صور كاظم الساهر | تصاميم ساهرية
©phpBB | Ahlamontada.com | منتدى مجاني للدعم و المساعدة | التبليغ عن محتوى مخالف | آخر المواضيع